Toronto Accident Claims Lawyer
Serving Clients Throughout Ontario: Injury Benefits Claims Lawyer Michael A. Yermus
Accident benefits are designed to provide you with financial stability while in recovery following a motor vehicle accident. Yermus & Associates, and his legal team assist clients in Toronto and throughout the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) in making accident benefit claims. Our goal is to help clients maximize the amount of benefits to which they are entitled for their medical expenses, rehabilitation expenses and income replacement.
Contrary to popular belief, making a claim for accident benefits should not affect your insurance premiums. Premiums are set by your personal driving record. Therefore, making a claim will not affect your ability to obtain insurance coverage in the future.
Understanding Accident Benefits Coverage
Accident benefits are paid through your own insurance company, regardless of whose fault the accident is. As such, benefits are sometimes referred to as “no-fault insurance benefits.” Generally, accident benefits cover the physical costs of managing your care following a car accident or another motor vehicle accident. This includes:
- Medical expenses incurred during initial treatment
- Income replacement benefits to replace some of your lost income during recovery
- Rehabilitation expenses for physical or occupational therapy, psychological counselling and other medically necessary treatment
- Supplementary medical benefits for medications or assistive devices
- Housekeeping and home maintenance assistance
- Attendant care benefits or family caregiver benefits, if applicable
- Non-earner benefits for injuries to those who were not employed at the time of the accident
- Death benefits and funeral benefits should the accident result in the wrongful death of a loved one
Making a claim for accident benefits can be straightforward. However, the assistance of an experienced Toronto accident claims lawyer can prove beneficial in navigating the claims process. We personally guide clients through the process, taking steps to ensure all procedural requirements and deadlines are met.
Accident Benefits For Catastrophic Injuries
Additional benefits may be available in cases resulting in catastrophic, life-altering injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, amputations or paralysis, where the costs of care will likely be a lifelong expense.
Contact Lawyer Michael A. Yermus
We seek to help clients obtain the maximum amount of benefits and compensation to which they are entitled by law. For honest counsel on making an accident benefits claim, please contact us at 416-229-4878 (HURT) to schedule a free initial consultation.