If you are involved in a car accident in Ontario, you will be eligible to claim accident benefits from your car insurer or from another car insurer if you are not covered by your own policy. You can apply for accident benefits even if the accident is your fault, this is part of the “no-fault” auto insurance coverage available.
Michael Yermus and the team at Yermus & Associates, can help you complete the paperwork and applications the insurer requires, to ensure that you get the benefits that you are entitled to.
The car insurance regime is complicated and confusing, you need someone with years of experience in handling car accident claims and accident benefits claim, like the team at Yermus & Associates. We want you to focus on your recovery, rather than the paperwork and battles with your own insurer for the benefits that you have been paying years of premiums to receive.
Depending upon the severity of your injuries and your circumstances there are several different types of benefits you may be entitled to receive:
1. Medical and Rehabilitation Benefits – to cover the cost of treatment, therapy, medication and other health care related services to assist you in recovering from your accident-related injuries.
2. Income Replacement Benefits – if you meet the disability test, you can receive 70% of your gross weekly income to a maximum of $400.00 per week.
3. Non-Earner Benefits – if you were not working at the time of the accident and meet the disability test, you may be entitled to $185.00 per week for non-earner benefits.
4. Attendant Care Benefits – if you cannot manage your own personal care, you may be entitled to receive attendant care benefits to a maximum of $3,000.00 per month for services rendered by a professional.
5. Death and Funeral Benefits – if a loved one tragically passes away in a car accident, you may be entitled to receive money towards death benefits and money to pay for the funeral expenses.
The above is not a complete list of the benefits available.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motor vehicle accident and need to make a claim for accident benefits, contact Michael Yermus and the team at Yermus & Associates to assist you with your legal claim. We offer a free consultation to better understand your rights and will help you obtain the compensation that you deserve.